Since I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats waiting to hear what is going on with the sale of our house I figured I’d give you an update. As you know we had an offer last weekend that we accepted. On Friday evening the buyers had the inspector come to inspect our house. Our real estate agent (I’ll call him “R” for the rest of the story) told us that the buyers were first time buyers and were feeling a little nervous about the whole process. So, R recommended that we not be at home during the inspection so that they would feel more comfortable to talk to each other about whatever they were thinking. R would be at our house and report to us as soon as the inspection was over. I really wanted to meet the buyers so I was a bit disappointed, but we wanted them to feel comfortable- so we spent the evening at the mall.
We had a nice time at the mall- Hailey rode the carousel, we had dinner and then ice cream at Friendly’s. It was lots of fun and nice to get out of the house. As we were finishing up our ice cream R called to tell us they were done. He said there was a lot going on and he wasn’t sure of everything the inspector was telling the buyers. R said that he thought the inspector overdid the inspection and found a lot of little and normal things. R reminded the buyers that they were buying a used house and that these were normal things. He said the buyers seemed a little scared by the things the inspector was saying. R also told us that the buyers had decided not to do the radon test (which they had originally planned to do). So I started thinking that meant they were going to back out of the deal over something the inspector said. Our contract gave the buyers 3 days to decide what they wanted to do.
I spent the weekend wondering what was going on. If they were going to back out- why couldn’t they just tell us? If they still wanted the house- why couldn’t they just tell us? If they wanted stuff fixed- why couldn’t they just tell us? Finally we heard back from R tonight. The buyers signed off on the inspection and didn’t even ask us to fix anything. Why they made us wait 2 days before making their decision I have no idea. I’m just glad that step is taken care of. So now the only thing they have to do is get their mortgage approved- they were already pre-approved for it so it shouldn’t be a problem.
Our closing will be in the beginning of May- so we need to get started looking for somewhere to live. Fun, fun, fun!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.